Personal Musings of Summer 2015

Wow, it's been a really long time since I've written anything at all, though I suppose I can't help it if my life is extraordinarily boring. Trust me, no one has been missing anything extremely exciting in the life of Cassandra Scott as far as I can tell. But although the past has been a bit of a bore, there are some awesome things coming up this summer that I am so ready for.


For starters, I have so many new video games that I bought recently that I am just itching to get started (and finished!). I finally got around to buying the second Assassin's Creed game (yay, Ezio!) and while I have been distracted by other things, every time I think about it I get all warm and fuzzy.
But, the thing distracting me is something that I guess everyone discovered long before I did. I finally understand the magic and appeal of first-person shooters. It started with Unreal Tournament, which I've been playing since I was 12. But I always thought that Unreal was the magical exception to all of my predetermined thoughts about FPS games.
But then I tried Borderlands on a whim.
I have now played that game through three times, reached the level cap, and played through it on Xbox and PC. I love that game almost as much as I love Skyrim (and that's saying something). So when Borderlands made me realize that FPS's actually have some really awesome points, I tried out Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I started at the end, I know, but it was the game sitting closest to my Xbox, so why not? I beat that sucker in less than a day, beat Ghosts the next day, and have decided to play both Black Ops before the third one comes out in November.
It's almost like I'm a completely different person since I discovered the miracle of Call of Duty. I always wondered why other people were so obsessed with the games, and now I understand. Good God, do I understand. Black Ops has me up at 3am, silently cursing at the screen instead of sleeping like a normal person. I will not pretend like I'm actually any good at the game, mind you. Playing online would undoubtedly end in me being totally shredded. But I'm decent. Enough to at least win, anyway.
Because of my new-found love for FPS's, my boyfriend convinced me to give Destiny a shot. He's been begging for weeks, but I was too caught up in my recent play-through of Sims (haha). But last night I relented, and ended up having an amazing time. That may be because Destiny reminds me of Borderlands, in a lot of ways. And there are very few things I love more than Borderlands.

But! Video games aside--although I could easily discuss video games and their wonderful qualities for ages--there is something even more exciting on the horizon...a trip to Washington D.C.!
I am going with my boyfriend's family on an 8-day trip to our country's lovely capital. If you've ever met me, or even taken a peek at my About Me page, you'll know that my all-time favourite movie is National Treasure. I have also never been to D.C. I'm sure that you can easily imagine what I'm planning on doing on this trip.
If you guessed that I was going to be re-enacting as many scenes from the movie as possible, then you are absolutely correct. With only seventeen days remaining until we hit the airport and fly into D.C., I've started writing up a script for all of the locations we'll be visiting so that I won't miss anything.

Also, another piece of interesting news is that I took a leave of absence from my old job, so that I could work at my college for the summer! In fact, that's where I'm at now. I'm working in the English Department, and my best friend, Claire, works right down the hall from me. I have my own desk, my own key to the department, and basically I make coffee, get the mail, and then do whatever any of my professors tell me to do. And I am having an absolute blast. God really blessed me when he gave me the opportunity to come and work here.
So for the rest of summer I will have a fun desk job, working with my best friend. I'll get to go on vacation with my second family and boyfriend, waste all of my time reading books and playing video games, and celebrate turning 20 once July hits!
Summer 2015 is shaping up to be a pretty good one. I'm in the middle of my college career, and I am loving every second of it. In the words of Joe Walsh: "Life's been good to me so far."
(Updates to Favourites page!)

"May He give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed."
Psalms 20:4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, that's okay, because I hardly have anything nice to say either.

 

Instagram

Audience Tracker

NaNoWriMo

Cassandra Anne Scott

This is me. A girl raised by her imagination, a pen, and stories scrawled wherever she finds room. An American-African with a flair for dramatics, a passion for baroque, and a dream of becoming a writer.