Closer Than Yesterday

Despite being told that I wouldn't be able to talk to Ryne for the rest of the week, his phone miraculously got service and I woke up this morning to several dozen texts from him. He's deep-sea fishing for salmon in Alaska right now, of which I am extremely jealous. He keeps sending me pictures and videos of cool things, including a video of an eagle dropping down to the water and snatching up a fish to the loud cheers of Ryne's dad.
 Gross, right? But imagine how much fun it was reeling in those suckers. I'm definitely making Ryne take me fishing when he gets back. This morning I spent several hours working on the code for this blog, and after agonizing time spent in Photoshop and in the HTML page of the blog I managed to get a link for my Pinterest at the top of the page. Granted, in my messy code-writing I somehow screwed up the alignment of the icons and now they're all a little cut off at the top. But Ryne promised he would fix that for me when he got back (he's a web-designing master).
He says hello from the boat, the lucky sack. After the forever I spent on the blog code I moved on to my long over-due devotional. I, being rather slow on the uptake, only recently found out that the YouVersion Bible app lets you select reading plans on certain subjects. So I chose the plan on Dating & Relationships, for obvious reasons.
Whilst doing said devotional, I un-buried by One Year Bible from the mass of books on one of my bookshelves. As I was flipping to today's reading, a verse caught my eye from another passage:

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."
~Proverbs 16:9
It is so easy to forget that as Christians we have surrendered control to God. Explaining this is walking a very thin line, because giving the impression that God controls us and we have no free will isn't what it means. But  when we have offered up our lives to God, we have agreed to follow His will, and making plans of our own will do nothing to deter the plans He has set in motion for us. It's actually a comforting thought to know that He is always guiding us.
Google Search Results Photo
Last night I rewatched my favourite musical: Hello, Dolly! The music is absolutely incredible, and I had forgotten how much I loved it. I haven't really had time to sit down and watch a movie that long without interruptions. Granted, I started watching it at 1am, so there wasn't a whole lot to interrupt me besides my cat, Sherlock. Who, by the way, is probably the cutest cat you will ever meet.
People say he's just getting the smell of the outside on him, or that he's scratching his back...no. What he was doing was trying to look cute and cuddly and act like he didn't know that it was time to come back inside. Usually he comes whenever I call, but once he's outside, it's like he doesn't even remember who I am. So that rolling around is him blatantly ignoring me calling him to come inside, and refusing to obey, the little stinker.

"Show me Your unfailing love in wonderful ways."
~Psalms 17:7a


0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, that's okay, because I hardly have anything nice to say either.

 

Instagram

Audience Tracker

NaNoWriMo

Cassandra Anne Scott

This is me. A girl raised by her imagination, a pen, and stories scrawled wherever she finds room. An American-African with a flair for dramatics, a passion for baroque, and a dream of becoming a writer.