Three Seasons In One

Three of my most favourite seasons are on their way: first, hunting season is less than three months in my future, and I cannot tell you how excited I am for it to get here. Just before the summer started I purchased a Bear Archery: Apprentice 2 bow for myself so I could join Ryne and his family during bow season. After a lot of work and a lot of practice, I have finally gotten my draw-weight above forty pounds, and my sights have been fine-tuned.
This season is going to be my most exciting one yet. My first deer was shot last year, on opening day of gun season. Ryne and I went out to the farm early in the morning and sat in a blind for a good five hours, saw nothing, and went home to eat lunch. We returned again that evening, and as we were sitting there the deer that I had been eyeing for the past few weeks walks right in front of us. Having adamantly upheld my argument that I would not get buck fever when the time came to shoot, I was embarrassed to find that I could not stop shaking as I looked down the barrel of my .243. Alfonso (what I had named the deer) fell that night, and I screamed a lot before calling Ryne's dad (who was hunting at another location at the time) and babbling incoherently about how I had shot my first deer. I am very excited to shoot another this year and get to eat delicious deer jerky during finals.
The second season that's coming up (albeit a lot further away than hunting season) is Christmas! I love Christmas. In fact, I have already starting making Christmas lists for people and buying them gifts. Last Christmas I went to Dallas with my older sister and two of our friends, and it was a whole lot of fun. Naturally I would like to stay home this year, and I'm praying that it actually snows for Christmas instead of in the middle of March. Oklahoma weather is ridiculously unpredictable. Last year I made these really cute, easy decorations though! Just print out some simple outlines of snowflakes, get some wax paper and some puff paint, place the wax paper on top of the designs, trace with puff paint, and ta-da! Once the puff paint dries you can just peel the snowflake off of the wax paper and then you can stick it to any window or mirror! I made several and stuck them all over the place.
And lastly, the season that encompasses them all...winter. Summer is my bitter enemy. I cannot stand the heat, sticky sweat, and being unable to get my room cold enough to sleep comfortably in. My birthday is July 6, so I have to bear my special day in the midst of this awful heat. In South Africa we were on the other side of the equator which made my birthday in the dead of winter. What I wouldn't give to have that back. In fact, I would much rather it was winter year round, sprinkled with a couple mild days at 60 degrees. Of course, the summer does mean that the fishing is incredible, and I really like to fish.
Unfortunately there is no fishing to be had, as I don't go unless I have Ryne with me. While there are several great fishing spots directly behind my house, my darling's grandparents live right on the lake, and that's where the fishing is the best. Ryne, currently, is on a cruise with said grandparents, and I am eagerly looking forward to his return. Needless to say, my days are very empty when he's not around. I have been sitting at my house playing video games and catching up on my reading since he's been away. While this in't necessarily a bad thing, I would much rather have him sitting next to me while I'm playing games or reading books. I actually have been playing Alice: Madness Returns on top of others, and I've enjoyed it immensely. The graphics are absolutely stunning, and the soundtrack isn't half bad either. But then again, I am a sucker for anything Alice in Wonderland related.

Posting about it makes me desperate to go and play. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this short. Very, very, very short.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
~Psalm 73:26





0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say something nice, that's okay, because I hardly have anything nice to say either.

 

Instagram

Audience Tracker

NaNoWriMo

Cassandra Anne Scott

This is me. A girl raised by her imagination, a pen, and stories scrawled wherever she finds room. An American-African with a flair for dramatics, a passion for baroque, and a dream of becoming a writer.